Vehicle & Marine

Talbot Insurance has a variety of products available covering vehicles and marine vessels such as:

  • Autoplan/ICBC
  • Private Automobile Coverage
  • Collector Vehicles
  • Recreational Vehicles
  • Marine Vessels

In British Columbia basic insurance is the minimum liability insurance coverage that a vehicle owner must purchase from the Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) before a motor vehicle can be operated on a BC highway. Although the minimums required by law varies in different jurisdictions, in British Columbia the minimum limit for Third Party Legal Liability coverage is $200,000 for each vehicle. (Taxis and limousines require $300,000; buses $500,000).

Optional Autoplan insurance includes a variety of additional coverages that a vehicle owner may purchase.

We also have many options available to guarantee the best coverage for your personal boat or commercial vessel. An understanding of the policy wordings, including their definitions, limitations and conditions is vital to proper insurance on marine craft. Let our experts help you wade through the possibilities to best protect your interests.

For example, some marine insurers will include all attached and unattached items, while others include only attached equipment used in the care, maintenance and operation of your vessel.

Personal Property on the vessel as well as tenders and their outboards, if any, are often included in the main hull limit; however, some companies list all items separately with their individual values, while still others include an automatic percentage with a maximum limit. Settlement in the event of claims can be based on an Actual Cash Value or Replacement Cost. Liability is often best covered under a Protection and Indemnity wording to cover the issues unique to watercraft.

Coverages Include:
•Small Pleasurecraft
•Commercial Vessels
•Live Aboards