Since January, 1997 Talbot Insurance Services Ltd. has operated a General Insurance Agency on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, Canada. Laurie Forshner-Talbot, FCIP, is the President of Talbot Insurance Services Limited and is a long-time resident of the Sunshine Coast, as well as a 40 year “veteran” of the insurance industry. She has attained and maintains the designation of a Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional which represents the national standard for professionalism, technical expertise and leadership in the property & casualty insurance sector.
- Insurance Brokers Association of BC
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- Insurance Institute of BC
- Fellow of Chartered Insurance Professionals
- Centre for the Study of Insurance Operations
- Coast Community Builders Association
Laurie’s skills, years of experience and leadership along with her great team of professionals provides a level of insurance expertise that you can rely on. In addition, Laurie has a close connection both as a resident and as a business owner to the Sechelt Peninsula District and is a long-time dedicated volunteer within the community including:
- Secretary – Society & Festival Committee, Sunshine Coast Sea Cavalcade Society
- Member & Past Board Positions, Sunshine Coast Power & Sail Squadron
- Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast
- Sunshine Coast Drag Racing
- Coasters Car Club – Member & Supporter
Talbot Insurance provides a broad range of insurance products, tailored to meet the needs of our clients. Our service area includes the Sechelt Peninsula including Gibsons, Sechelt, Roberts Creek and the Gulf Islands of Gambier, Keats, Thetis, Savory, Texada, Lasqueti, Bowen, Bowyer and Anvil.
Our experienced team of professionals can provide you information and assistance with regard to all your general insurance needs including ICBC/AutoPlan, Travel/Medical, Marine, Recreational Property as well as Collector & Recreational Vehicles and more.
- Kevin Forshner specializes in vintage and custom car insurance and watercraft. He also handles home insurance of all kinds and assists with AutoPlan and Private Auto.
- Karen Graves, BA, CIP, ACS, Personal Lines Manager is our “go to” person for all things habitational, and excels at special and “hard to place” risks. Karen also loves to deal with commercial insurance clients!
- Brooke Twiss is our senior Personal Insurance Advisor who loves her portfolio of clients and also supervises our AutoPlan and Private Auto staff.
- Anne Sharma is a Senior Personal Lines Advisor and our insurance portal processing expert extraordinaire.
- Jacki Bott is a Personal Insurance Advisor who also excels in all things “automobile” and is our resident “IT” and Data Download specialist.
- Donn York, CIP, Commercial Advisor can help you with your Business Insurance needs and any associated home insurance. Donn is our resident Special Event Insurance expert.
- Lidiya Karpich is enjoying learning Private Auto, Travel Insurance and Recreational Vehicle insurance while she perfects her skills at ICBC AutoPlan.
- Sandra Palm has completed her ICBC AutoPlan training and is looking forward to moving ahead with her Private Auto, Travel & Recreational Vehicle insurance.